Crag Camp 5/6-8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
A few of us are planning on heading up to Crag Camp for the weekend for some much needed training and summits. I'm hoping to leave the office at 11:50 on Friday (5/6), parking at Lowe's Store. Hiking up Lowe's Path, first to Grey Knob, then over to Crag Camp, hoping to get there shortly after dark (others have similar plans). If nothing else, I plan to spend a lot of time on Jefferson's Knee or the Adams 4 snowfields working on self arrest (not like any of us need any of that, right?) and setting up Z-pulley systems.

If anyone is in the area, stop and say hey. BTW, I have room for a passenger, and expect to be leaving Wakefield. MA by 1:00 if anyone is interested in a ride north. I'm on a tight schedule, so you'll have to meet me (i.e. can't go out of my way to pick you up, but anything along Rt 93 works)

there was plenty of snow on the Adams 4 snowfields last Thursday (before the 4 inches that night and whatever came last night).

I have some pics from the snowfields, Adams, and Madison Spring, if you want to see them send me a PM. removed link

FYI, I took Lowe's Path both up (Tues) and down (Fri). Crampons were needed from just below the Log Cabin up to Gray Knob.

Last edited:
Guest caretaker had a good time?

Looks like the RMC guest caretaker enjoyed his stay despite some very wet weather last week

Al Sochard said:
Looks like the RMC guest caretaker enjoyed his stay despite some very wet weather last week
ha, very much so. Thanks again.

SherpaKroto, I had no need for snowshoes.