Crampon extender bar's

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin

Reaction score
I got a pair of extender bars for my Grivel G10 crampons from www.mtntools.com and there great except I had to squeeze down the little tab with a pair of vicegrips to get them to fit. Anyone else have this problem?

--Shawn

Last edited:
No

I just got a pair of Grivel flexible extender bars. They went in very easily by hand. Are you sure the set you got were made by Grivel?

I got the extensions also...had a problem last weekend when the whole thing opened up opn me :eek: ...i must have stepped on a rock and it pushed the button up and released the bar....when i slid it back, the clip was in the wrong position so i had to turn it upside down....that's all i could remember...did cost me an xtra $17 for the bars...size 13 boot..

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what happens when I actually use them. They are made by Grivel and the instructions they cmae with say that the little nubby thing is for adjustment to smaller sizes. I tried flipping them upside down but the thing still got in the way. They seem o.k. now but we'll see.