crampons

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_hilgeman

Reaction score
I have a minor emergency - I'm taking a friend up Mt. Washington this weekend and it seems REI, EMS etc, are fully reserved for thier rental crampons and boots. My friend is taking responsibility to find a pair, but as a backup I was wondering if anyone out there might have an old pair lying around that they want to sell. Full strap-on and 10 or 12 points is necessary. Thanks!

Mine extras are already on load this weekend. It might be a pain - due to a later start unless you go up tommorow - but did you try IME or the others up in N conway.

hi giggy, thanks for the quick response. we haven't tried anyone up in NH yet (coming from boston). I'm afraid we should be on the trail by the time they open. Also, he couldn't try them on if we reserved them.

load - should have said loan -

anyway - crampons should be ok for size - should fit all unless he is like a size 13. - unless he needs boots as well - just go for a 1/2 size bigger than what he is. just a thought - I have heard that the owner of IME in the past has rented them and will leave them at the gas station near by for early am pickup if you prepay with credit card. don't quote me on that - but it may work for you. its worth a call.

grivel g-10s for sale

i have a pair of barely worn grivel g10 wides i'll sell you (or anyone else). i've used them only 2-3 times. still in great shape, sharp, all that jazz. cost $100 new, make an offer.

luke