Crawford Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadie

Reaction score
My husband and I had a rare weekend away from our 2 young sons-- actually first getaway since our youngest was born. I have not done any real hiking in 3 years now because I have been busy having babies--the oldest is 2 1/4 and the youngest is 7 months old. Weather reports suggested Saturday might not be a good day for hiking, but fortunately it was wrong and it was a beautiful summer like day! We headed up on the Davis path. Bemis bridge just before the trail is quite impressive! We got going ~10:30 and it took ~2 h for us to get to the top (I think it is ~2-2.5 mi to the top)-- which was longer than it should have taken to do the mostly moderate/easy hike-- but we have been run down and exhausted chasing the toddler and sleep deprived from night time wakings for a teething baby, we moved a little slow! There is a long stretch near the top of exposed ledges with great views! We saw ~10 others on the trail during the course of the day. We found a nice quiet spot facing the north to have lunch. My husband wandered the area north of the peak and found a campsite with well built stone benches and a fire pit just a few hundred yards from the peak. Great hike, great view with not too much effort, highly recommend it! We need to find a way for more getaways for hiking! It will be nice when we can bring the boys hiking with us too! I finished the 4Kers early in my first pregnancy, so this was my first outing that I didn't have any peaks to bag, so it was refreshing to try a hike that is not on the 4ker list!

Excellent choice!

Excellent choice, Sadie. Mt. Crawford is one of my favorites. You weren't slow. You made good time. I'm glad you and your husband got to spend some alone time together doing what you both enjoy. It's important in a relationship. I hope you get more opportunities in the future. Happy trails! :)

Thanks for sharing. Crawford is a really nice hike. I did this one last Monday and saw a bobcat coming down - not far from the summit.