Direttissima Attempt

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimC

Reaction score
Ryman McLane and Eric "The Schlimmer" Schlimmer started out early MONDAY (2 JUN) AM to attempt the Direttissima. The plan is to hike 225.1 miles and finish in 9 1/2 days. They will hike S to N, starting with Mt Moosilauke and finishing on Mt Cabot.

I project the finish to be mid day on WED 11 JUN.

The quest for the Direttessima is an interesting undertaking. Good Luck to them.

Direttissima Attempt Update

Ryman and Eric had set off MON am.

As reported to me, Eric injured his knee on Day 1 and pulled out. :(

Ryman continued solo for three additional days and was on schedule. However, he grew tired of hiking in the $%#@ rain solo and pulled the plug.

These two are very strong hikers and likely will try again!

Scheduling this thing is one of the difficulties of this undertaking. It is difficult to find 10 + days with decent WX and no home/job/other responsibilities.

When you have the summers off it's a little easier! :D One day when the 770 list reaches 20+ people I'll bet over 50 percent are teachers of some kind or people in the top 1% of income.

The rain is tolerable, it's the experience and fun of losing a partner that causes the drain. :(