Dix, Giant, Rocky Peak Ridge - Nov25,26

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adirobdack46r

Reaction score
Like many others, I'm out there trying to check peaks off my list one at a time. Have to negotiate hikes around family and job. I have an opening the weekend after Thanksgiving. I would like to hit Dix, Giant, Rocky if possible. My wife is not thrilled with my hiking alone when it is cold. My main hiking buddy is tied up that weekend. Any takers? I have forum'd with a few but have never hiked with anyone else from VFTT. I need to meet some new faces. I have done a few winter peaks but have not gotten hardcore enough to start staying out nights in the snow. My hopes are to day hike Dix then stay in a lodge/cabin then hike Giant and Rocky the next day. Let me know if you are interested in hooking up.

adirobdack46r said:
...My hopes are to day hike Dix then stay in a lodge/cabin then hike Giant and Rocky the next day. Let me know if you are interested in hooking up.
Sorry I can't make it that weekend, but I'd highly recommend that you consider staying at The Hostel in Keene Valley. Perfect location, nice place, and the owners will even shuttle you to the east side of RPR so you can do an end-to-end over RPR/Giant.

Dix and Hough

We had a group of six from the Albany ADK do this hike on Saturday. There was no snow and only some thin ice before the Dix summit. Very unusual (easy) conditions for this time of year. Good luck, start early and bring two sources of light.