Do-It-Yourself Digital Camera Repair

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
I guess it happens to everybody at some point. Some people have less patience than others but all have their limit, and I reached mine.

I have been having problems with the shutter system on my camera lens. Some times the shutter sticks, I don't notice it, and I lose a really nice picture. Over the weekend I decided to do some research.

Evidently this is a relatively common problem. In the course of checking around I located a site with Do It Yourself repair instructions for digital cameras, and lots of other stuff plus links to additional helpful sites.

So, I read the discussion specific to my camera and the problem I was experiencing. I read it several times and studied the pictures. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it looked like something I could handle. I decided to dig in. In no time I had the lens apart and was past the point of no return. The parts are small with important features that are very small - I needed my reading glasses and probably could have used a magnifying glass. Carefully I continued and actually found the problem (I think). I reversed my route into the lens mechanism and soon had everything back together. As far as I can tell everything is working properly and there is no sticking lens cover.

Nice. :)

By the way, here's the site: DIY-Digital Camera Repair

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn there are others with similar problems. Perhaps this information can help.

:D