Dry Summer Ahead?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davy

Reaction score
After completing my spring trail cleanup with Dennis C. this past week on the Webster/Jackson loop to Jackson, it has been the first year since we have maintained this section that the upper section has been totally free of snow this time of year. Do pepole think a dry summer is in ahead?

If I were smart, I'd agree with Pig Pen. But if this week is any indication, it doesn't look like a dry summer.

As davy mentioned, this is the first time in memory that the upper section of our AMC Adopt-A-Trail has been completely free of snow and ice at this time of year. We always do the first sweep in mid May to avoid the bugs. This time we were able to clean the drainages all the way to the Jackson summit.

could be that all the rain washed the snow away (and along with the warm weather melted it), the first weekend of may i was on the willey range and there was still three feet of snow in many places (and the temperature was 80 degrees) - - - - - i was going to go up to the whites this past weekend, but the weather called for 3 days of rain so i stayed south (where it didn't call for rain and turned out sunny but hot & humid) - - - hopefully the first weekend in june will be dry so i can get up before the biting bugs come out (last year they waited till mid june to show up).