East and Middle Scar Ridge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
When people bag the East and Middle peaks on Scar Ridge from the East Pond Trail, once Middle has been bagged, do they backtrack across the ridge to the trail, drop south to Little East Pond, or drop off the ridge to the north just far enough to reach open woods, then head back to the East Pond Trail?

When?

The only time I did it in summer, we kept going to Loon and walked down the ski trails although there is a herd path down over Black Mtn if you have the energy

I have done the sidehill traverse in winter and I think returning via the tracks would have been easier but in summer you don't leave tracks :)

This winter a group of us did these peaks from the Kanc. Up the East Pond TR, whack East Peak, along the ridge to Middle, then north back to the Kanc. A short road walk will bring you back to the parking lot. I certainly agree with Audry, the routes above Little East Pond on the south-facing slopes are thick AND crisscrossed with blowdown. Fun, if you like that sort of thing!

Nate said:
When people bag the East and Middle peaks on Scar Ridge from the East Pond Trail, once Middle has been bagged, do they backtrack across the ridge to the trail, drop south to Little East Pond, or drop off the ridge to the north just far enough to reach open woods, then head back to the East Pond Trail?

Good question! Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!

Reactions: arm