East Kenebago Logging Road Conditions?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwood

Reaction score
A group of us are heading up to hike East Kenebago in Maine in a week or so and are looking to see if anyone has been in the area and knows of logging road conditions? We might have to drive a sedan (my 4x4 truck is acting up) and are a bit concerned about road conditions, wash outs, rutting, etc., etc., etc.......

Redwood
100/100

I cannot comment on current conditions as to logging/snow etc., but when we did it in September there were a number of spots where the water bars would have been sketchy with my sedan, but you may be more daring. If my memory is correct you would at most need to plan on a 1-2 additional miles of a road walk.

I did it on Sept 21 and got to the upper trailhead just fine in my 1996 VW Passat wagon. Just take your time around the water bars and you'll be fine, provided there is no snow. The only thing I scraped was my trailer hitch, that is rusted into the receiver so it sticks out a bit.