Eisenhower & Pierce

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter

Reaction score
I was wondering if I need any traction\snow shoes for Eisenhower or Pierce (probably Eisenhower). I plan on going up Saturday morning and would like to know how much of the snow is left up top and if the monorail is still in tact.

If anyone is interested we will probably be heading out around 8 AM (teen agers have trouble with early starts :)

If you do one or both via the Crawford Path, you will not need snowshoes. Last I heard, the Edmands Path is still pretty well endowed with unconsolidated snow.

If you go after one or both via the Crawford Path, I would advise bringing Microspikes in your pack.

The snow starts about 1/3 mile below the Mizpah junction on the Crawford Path. Consistent monorail starts immediately after the junction - fairly firm, but narrow.

The small spruce patches along the Crawford Path from Webster Cliff Trail to Eisenhower Loop still have a decent amount of snow, but the patches are short lived. Pretty much everything in the open up to about 4,760' is bare. The (recent) snow lingering on the Eisenhower Loop above 4,600' will probably be gone in a few more days.