Eliminate (somewhat) camera shake

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... Very interesting! I would comment that the washer could be replaced by anything, even a twig in the field, not that there is any problem with the washer. Thanks much for the tip. I will be trying it soon.

happy trails :)

The “camera stabilizer” is an old trick, but a decent one.

Watching the video, note how the photographer holds the camera generally – palm up beneath the lens and body, elbows tucked in against ribs. (The video guy could have tucked in a bit tighter, I think.)

Also, photographers should learn to breathe properly (inhale fully, then let most of it out and hold breath during exposure), and to squeeze (rather than jab at) the shutter release.

The techniques for keeping a camera steady during exposure and keeping a rifle steady for an accurate shot are very similar.

G.

Interesting idea. Back in the days of real film and no kids, I hauled Nikon SLRs and multiple lenses up mountains. My wife made me a bean bag that could be used anywhere there was something to lean up against - horizontal or vertical. I just had to keep it dry - or it would start sprouting after awhile.

Weight was obviously less of an issue to me then and I have moved on to point and shoot digital cameras(and also lightweight backpacking). A small bolt and a bit of string ought to weigh less than a beanbag, and take up less space. I'm going to try it.