Equinox 11/11/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Berard

Reaction score
N. Thetford, VT Avatar: Cabot, winter 2011
Headed off to do Equinox on Sunday with Greg if anyone else interested. Will plan to use Burr and Burton Trail ( now called the Blue Trail), and meet at the upper end of the large parking lot of the Equinox Hotel. We're hoping to get started by 9am...so meeting by 8:45 would be good to have time to gear up.
Respond here, PM me, or just show up.
As an aside, I'm looking for a good place to eat breakfast in the Rutland area on the way....
Thanks!

Up For Breakfast in Manchester Center on 7A only a mile or two north of the school. Best ... breakfast ... ever. Get the venison blueberry sausage if they have it. Here's a review with pics.

Equinox is a great hike. Enjoy!

Hey,

I was up there yesterday, up the blue trail and over to Beartown Gap. There was an inch of fresh snow with a wonderful wintery feel.

I may be up there Sunday with my son if the snow is still around. Enjoy your day!

Jeff

Hi Jason!

We were planning on going there this weekend too, for hiking a subset of Pico, Mendon, Equinox, Dorset.

So, where do you go finally on Sunday? Equinox or Mendon ??

we're headed to Equinox only due to some time constraints on Greg's part.
I want to spend a whole day on Dorset to hopefully check out a couple caves, and want to do Mendon , Killington and Pico together( Greg needs them all, I only need Mendon), and try to find the old summit road to the old Summit House on Killington ( very near Cooper Lodge), so that left Equinox.
It was either going to be Equinox, or Peak above the Nubble, and given the forecast of clear skies, we chose Equinox. :cool:

MichaelJ said:
Up For Breakfast in Manchester Center on 7A only a mile or two north of the school. Best ... breakfast ... ever. Get the venison blueberry sausage if they have it. Here's a review with pics.

Equinox is a great hike. Enjoy!
Man, for me that would change to I'm going to breakfast and might stop by for a hike after seeing that picture. ALHHHMMMmm...blueberries!
:D