Evans Notch

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you SherpaK
I'm bummed I just found out I contracted strep throat and I am starting the antibiotics today. I am hoping I will still be ready to go Saturday. I have heard this is a beautiful hike. I was going to go up Mud Brook trail and down Caribou trail. Blast this damn strep throat, I have been looking forward to getting into Evans notch area for months. I don't know if I can wait thru another work week.
Chris

I know the feeling

Just go for it, and even if you don't get all the way, at least you'll be out enjoying the woods, and getting a fix of renewal that will last you another week or two.

Thanks for the encouragement Greg. I had my 3rd dose of antibiotics at 4am and I really do feel 200% better than yesterday. I think by tommorrow I will be ready to give it a go. I am buying my daughter her 1st hiking backpack tonight so she can start carrying some of the load. To those who have done this hike, are the water crossings easy. I see there is 1 crossing at the head of Kees falls and was just wondering how far across and if little legs like my daughters would have a hard time. I have done a few crossings with her on my back before but don't like to do that as it can be kind of dangerous.
Thanks
Chris

The fords aren't bad generally, and at this time of year the waters have already gone down quite substantially. A rain event could drive them up somewhat, but I think you should still be fine.