Ever wanted to own a RMC trail sign?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great idea! I love the idea of owning some White Mountain signage and what's even better all the money goes to RMC for trail maintanence :)
thanks.
kmac

I am the proud owner of an old RMC sign that reads, simply, "Toilet" with an arrow pointing to the right. I get lots of strange looks (of course, it may not be related to the sign) but no one has ever accused me of stealing it! (For the record, I won it in a previous auction.)

And since I'm single, I don't have to ask a spouse if I can hang it in the house! :D

Now by doing this they are making them valuable, that will open a can of worms. People will start stealing em, n posting em on e-bay. Do we really need this?

paul ron said:
Now by doing this they are making them valuable, that will open a can of worms. People will start stealing em, n posting em on e-bay. Do we really need this?
The RMC and the AMC have been doing this for many years. People have wondered if it would encourage stealing of trail signs, but I haven't seen any evidence of it so far.

They've always been valuable, but fortunately the people who value them wouldn't steal them or buy them from non-trusted sources so far.

-dave-

AMC auction info

Heads up! The AMC trail sign auction begins on November 20th. And as thanks for posting this valuable information, I want all of you to promise NOT to bid on the summit sign for Lafayette!

bob