First snow of the season in Gorham NH

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got about 1/2 inch last night. Temp is about 12F. We live at 6945 ft . Supposed to get up into the 60s this coming week.

Snowing steadily in Southern Vermont this morning. Starting to accumulate in places. Awesome!! I think this is going to be the biggest winter we've had in a while.

At 1800' in Keene, NY it's snowing hard right now. We have a forecast of accumulations "up to an inch." There is already 3" on unheated surfaces like decks and railings; about 2" on the ground.

At 1800' in Keene, NY it's snowing hard right now. We have a forecast of accumulations "up to an inch." There is already 3" on unheated surfaces like decks and railings; about 2" on the ground.
How much snow did you end up with? I was hoping to camp at lake colden or upland this weekend.

At my house it's settled to about an inch. There's still about 2" on decks and railings. None of it melted last night (25F). But I think most of it will melt today (sunny and forecast high of 40F). Certainly most will melt tomorrow (forecast to be sunny and 45F). Might be wet and sloppy in the woods, but I don't think there will be much snow cover at lower elevations.

Oh well, it clouded up around mid-day, and only made it to 34F here today. Some snow still left. But tomorrow is still supposed to become sunny and warmer...

The plows are out this morning in Gorham, the ground and roads have cooled down enough that its sticking. I expect it will be melted by once the sun comes out but definitely looking like winter out there. I swapped over to my winter snow tires last week on a warm day and have all the wood piles stocked and covered so I think I am ready for winter mode.

It looked good when I went to bed last night but was changing over to rain when I took the dogs out at 6 this morning.
Looks like an inch or so now.

Looks like it warmed up too quick at my place in Gorham, just a coating of snow maybe a inch and half but real wet. Enough to make the roads slick but my guess is head up a little bit in elevation and there will be more.

Current forecast is 6 to 12" Sunday night into Monday. I went on hike up Pine Mountain in Gorham yesterday which is mostly on the north slope in the woods. Snow was less than an 1" at the trailhead and at best 3 to 4" at the Horton Center near the top. I was out Monday and today on a south facing slope in Randolph near Lookout Ledge and there was enough snow to see some bear tracks but mostly a mix of frozen and wet ground.

Then again the current forecast is as usual of late is a "wet storm" coming up the coast so rain snow line is going to vary significantly with elevation and the impact of the south slope of the whites could shut the north country off the highest totals.

Looks like winter in Gorham. Its packing down but I had a solid 8" on my porches wood piles. My paved driveway was a bit warm so the snow compacted down a bit. Its noon on Monday and still have some flurries.