Fitness for Training Old Farts 55+

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 66, but last year both my wife and I had a hard time keeping up with our new friend Joe going up Washington. Joe is 75, so I don't think age is really significant. If I know Joe, he is out snowshoening today in this wind chill.

We renewed our expired Gym membership a few months ago, and since that time I think I have gone twice. Usually I get enough of a workout in my work, or dealing with the woodlot here. I find if I spend 3 hours cutting down, piling, splitting wood during a day, further workout is uneccessary. Same goes for other labor intensive household chores.

We will have one good hike per week to stay in shape. Last week we bushwacked 5 miles on snowshoes , breaking our own trail. or we will pick a "smaller mt" in the winter. 4-5- miles and about 2500 feet elevation gain.
We want to stay in shape so we are ready for this summer's continuation of the 46R quest.

Since my surgery three years ago I no longer fart in the usual manner.

Heading for 63 ...

Yeah for all you lucky people who live up and near the Mountains. I've always stuck with the addum that just practice what you want to be good at. I think the best training is to do the activity you are training for as much as possible. I try to do something a couple of times a week. I hike at my pace and take breaks when I feel they are necessary. Definately gets more difficult with age. I generally do a difficult hike one day (4000er) and something easy when I make it up there.

You guys you exercise (over 60 ) every day .. I envy .....

MHO ..

thx

:D