Flags on the 48 Needs Hikers for 5 More Peaks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelJ

Reaction score
On Saturday, September 11th, I will be participating in this year's Flags on the 48 9/11 Memorial Hike. The goal is to fly flags atop all 48 of the New Hampshire 4000-Footers from noon until 2pm that day.

As of August 24th we have five summits that do not have coverage for this event: West Bond, Galehead, Owl's Head, Cannon, and Wildcat D. We would love to be able to have full coverage of the forty-eight - if you're available and interested in participating, please PM or email me, or visit the Fot48 web site.

I'd like to also point out that Cannon and Wildcat D are both accessible peaks, each having a tramway available for the rides up and down if you or someone in your party is unable or prefers not to hike. Additionally, the summits have observation towers (Cannon has benches to sit on) making it very easy to fly the flag; a simply bungie cord to the railing will do. Note that this is an LNT event; all flags and poles come down afterward.

You're all completely welcome to accompany any group to a summit or even just show up on a peak between 12 and 2 on 9/11; however, if you can be persuaded to sign up officially for one of these mountains and take a flag up, it would be tremendously appreciated.

Cannon has a taker - thank you! Only 4 peaks remaining...

West Bond has been taken - thanks!!!

3 more peaks, and they're all easy...
:D

MichaelJ, I must have posted this just after you ... stratch my question on west bond. I may try and join another group. Thanks.

Last edited: