flying with bear spray

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowcat

Reaction score
hi all
back from glacier and wanted to update on taking bear spray with you as there was some discussion before i left on what would happen.
i had called both united and northwest prior to leaving and both said if i packed it well on my checked baggage it "should" be ok. i had the 9.2 oz large size. i was lucky and altho my bags were inspected it was not taken. i did wrap a note around stating i called united and they said it should be ok so that may have helped.
HOWEVER, coming out of glacier via kalispell airport they are incredibly strict. i wouldn't chance packing it home; either sell it to someone, donate to the ranger station (i think someone said it's tax deductible) or drop by a ups or usps and send it home. i was lucky as i repacked mine deep in my suitcase and it was not taken but ken's was so that's $50 out the window.
they did a very thorough security ck at kalispell. they took stuff that never got looked at leaving albany so don't chance it.
since i didn't have to utilize my bear spray if anyone is going into bear country anytime soon i'll be glad to sell ya mine for 1/2 plus shipping and it comes with the holster. i never felt the need to use it but felt much better just having it on me .... just in case! i'll be listing it on ebay down the road but if you want it email me and i'll send it to you.
will post pics as soon as i get my butt in gear.

Since this involves selling items, I'm going to close it. You can contact shadowcat via PM.

-dave-

Status
Not open for further replies.