Foliage report in White Mountains and valleys....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carla

Reaction score
Hi folks--for those who live up in NH--is the foliage turning up there already? Just beginning down here in MA, but I expect different up North. I think it usually peaks around the second week in Oct, but I wonder if things are beginning to "show" up there now--> this last weekend in Sept.

Thanks...

--Carla

Yup definite color on the northern slopes of Madison and Adams. There have been high winds in the area the last few days and that has contributed to leaf drop. I would expect the north country will be peak this weekend

Was along the Kanc and color there is at peak already. (ok technically its probably on the side of just before peak, whatever that is, because there hasn't been too much leaf drop) Really nice foliage year in my opinion and those of all the professional photographers from around the country I overheard as they were shooting away in golden hour. If you wait too much longer you'll miss it. Columbus day will likely be way too late.

I was up at Fourth Connecticut lake at the Canadian border over the weekend and the foliage up there was amazing, perhaps the best I've ever seen. The deep blue sky and abundant sunshine had a lot to do with it, the colors were eye-popping.