Forest City Trail Winter Access? Montclair Glenn Lodge Open?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwood

Reaction score
I'm putting together a winter trip up to Camel's Hump. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the roads that lead into the Forest City Trail, plowed? not plowed?

Also, Is the Montclair Glenn Lodge open for use during the winter?

Thanks,
Redwood
100/100

We were in there a few months back. Not sure about the plowing but there are houses in there as Roy said. The parking area for Forest City trail is not much more than a wide turn out on the right side of the road. My guess is about three cars? For the last half mile of the approach to Forest City Trail the road narrows and steepens a bit.

I bagged Camels Hump in winter last February. It was plowed to the large parking lot.

The road is always plowed up to the large parking lot, which is also plowed out. I don't remember if they plow out the small lot for the FC trail. I'd just park at the large lot and take the connector trail over to FC trail.

Brian

Forest City trail access...

As said by the last poster, the road is plowed to the end, which is at the Burroughs trailhead as well as the Forest City Connector. About a mile from the end, you'll be able to pull off at the Forest City trailhead. I believe the lodge is always open, eg. I've never seen a lock on it in winter, but check with the Green Mountain Club just to be sure. "Open", of course, doesn't exactly mean the hot tub will be up to temperature...
Enjoy! -John