Franconia Ridge Traverse - Oct 2, 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes indeed, it was a fine day! Great to meet and hike with all the VFTTers, even though I did do the "shorty" circuit. Didn't turn my ankle, though! :D (hope you guys are OK.) It was nice to have the company of Bunchberry and JohnS for the trip down Falling Waters. Trails don't get much more beautiful than that. Besides, we were able to take John to his car at the Skook trailhead and still make Lincoln Woods before most of you got there. :p

MichaelJ and MEB, fine pictures of the great company and great views. Michael, I've had the same thing happen to me more than once. :( I haven't even seen my shots yet--I need to get through a teenager to reach the computer!

MEB, if anything ever deserved a green square, that pie does! Yum.

It was an extra treat to see Skimom (and your 2 lovely kids) and Arm at the Inn. Sorry we couldn't stay longer, but it's a long 2 1/2 hours back to Portland on a school night.

Reactions: MEB
I second that!!! Let's do it soon, too :D. This hike was so perfect it needs to be repeated but with a twist. Saturday the 15th of October would be very near the Full Moon :p ... C'mon, let's just do it!!!
Thanks everyone for making this so much fun. I can't wait to do it again.

well - I am hiking weekend of 10/22 I wouldn't mind planning the moonlight one for then and then having a back-up plan in case of weather. As we know - It very well could be icy/snow up there then - any later than that your looking at a borderline winter conditions one - not sure people would be into that - or have the gear.

Awesome Time

That was a great hike. Thanks MEB for organizing it and thanks again for making the pie!!! Sorry Rachel, but she is kicking your tail right now in the cooking contest. It was great meeting a few new faces, seeing people I hadn't seen in sometime, and hiking with close friends. Sometimes hikes like these can help people a lot. Hiking with people like all of you is great! Look forward to hiking again!

Thanks to MEB for setting it up and all the rest of the gang for making my first group hike such a memorable occasion! I'm looking forward to hiking with you all again sometime - and meeting more VFTTers!

I was surprised to read that Arm showed up at the Woodstock Inn - he was the first VFTTer I ever met ontrail (on Osceola a couple months ago) - I wish I had recognized him and said 'hi'.

Ron

Hmmmm...no wonder we didn't see you....we were tailgaiting you. Thought maybe you might have been coming in the other direction! Get my calling card that was stuck in your door? :)

I did, thank you! That and the note on my windshield, and the other "mysterious" note. :)

I hope you had a great hut trip!