garden parking question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jn316

Reaction score
is it likely that i'll find a parking place in the garden 8-9am on a wed, thurs, or friday in july?

Your likely not to have too much trouble during the week. I'd push the earlier side of 8 AM just to be safe. Weekends (Sat-Sun) are obviously the worst, but during the week you should be okay.

Even if it's full, they'll let you know and you'll be directed to the alternitive site where a shuttle will get you back up. Add's a little time, but you'll still get there.

Does anyone know if they allow dogs on the shuttle? I may be doing a Great Range traverse this weekend, starting at Rooster Comb and returning through the Garden. If the shuttle is running I would like to use it because 1 mile of road walking seems to take more out of me than 10 in the backcountry. Anyway we will probably have my friend’s dog with us and would like to have an idea of what to expect.

The walk to Roostercomb from the Garden is fairly nice too. When my friend and I finished the great traverse, we walked out via JBL to the garden out to Roostercomb. Then we hiked over Roostercomb to get to the Ausable Lakes property back to our car. There's a gas station one can stop by to resupply or pick up snacks too.

Jay