Getting a new pack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after trying on both packs with weight, I got the Bora 80. I really wanted to like the Crecent. Everyone was hyping the Osprey packs and what not. The price was $15 cheeper. But it just didn;t feel like it fit me well. Especially for what I want to do with it. The Bora just seemed to fit better. So thats the one I went with. Also bought a tent.

Starting out pack weight with tent and pack 11 lbs :rolleyes:
so much for that lighthiking fastpackign stuff. Go light or go home right..... :(

I guess I am going to have to work on lightening the Hiker rather than the load carried.....

Wet said:
So after trying on both packs with weight, I got the Bora 80. I really wanted to like the Crecent. Everyone was hyping the Osprey packs and what not. The price was $15 cheeper. But it just didn;t feel like it fit me well. Especially for what I want to do with it. The Bora just seemed to fit better. So thats the one I went with. Also bought a tent.

Starting out pack weight with tent and pack 11 lbs :rolleyes:
so much for that lighthiking fastpackign stuff. Go light or go home right..... :(

I guess I am going to have to work on lightening the Hiker rather than the load carried.....

Yeah thats the issue with the Bora 80...isnt it like 6+ lbs? add that 5lb im guessin 2 person tent with rainfly, and you're already carrying half of the weight I like to carry and don't have half of what i'd want to pack... ;-)

Guess you have to go "home"... :D

M

You made the right choice. Why? Because, we are all different and packs fit differently for each of us. I personally am a big fan of both companies, but I doubt anybody could question your decision.

Blah, blah, blah. Enough about the pack. Did you get anywhere with the potential hiking partner? :D

hmm cards...well, unfortunately she played the Boyfreind card on me. Didn't come up until about an hour or so of conversation. It was like getting to the top of a false summit :(
Guess I'll have to keep trolling the Davis Sq crowd. If only there was a camping store there.....

If you do go with an Ospery I would steer you toward the Aether series if you were only going to use it in the milder 3 seasons. If you are going to carry the heavy gear of winter you will appreciate the extra build of the Crescent series. I carry an Ospery and swear by it, but your hips and shoulders may not agree with mine, so buy the pack that fits you best. Weight of the pack is a relative thing. If you only carry 30 pounds than you can go with the Aether types of bags. If you are going to carry your winter overnight gear then a beefy 6 pound pack makes alot of sense. I bet you will be buying a lighter pack for summer within 2 years or a heavier one for winter no matter which way you go on this purchase. ; ) Gear is Good!