Harvard Cabin

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombaisley

Reaction score
I planning a trip into Huntington's Ravine this winter and have a couple of questions. I plan on arriving at Pinkham notch late on a Thrusday and heading up to Huntington's 1st thing Fri morning. When is the sign in book available? Could I sign in for a spot at the cabin at 12:01am Fri morning? Could I hike in and arrive at the cabin at say 3:00am? Is there a cheap place to sleep for a few hours near the trailhead?
Thanks
Tom

I think the book is now at the pinkham desk - haven't stayed at cabin since 2006, but if you get there on friday am - doubt you will have a problem getting a spot.

Hikers paradise is about 18 bucks per night in gorham. (roughly 15-20 min drive)

if you want to be 100% sure - give pinkham a call

the HC book is in the pack room right next to the weather and hiker sign-in.

Hiker's Paradise is $19 per night and is about 15-20 minutes away.

Joe Dodge Lodge (at Pinkham) is about $49 per night (without meals).

I'm not sure about the timing of sign up for HC, but it's generally a pretty laissez-faire process.

Spencer

spencer said:
the HC book is in the pack room right next to the weather and hiker sign-in.

I stopped in the cabin in dec and could have sworn the care-taker said it was at the desk now. one of the folks came into the cabin and said he couldn't find the book to sign up - it def used to be in the pack room.

maybe it was just a lack of communication. you were just there, so you would know tho.

FYI

From Harvard Mountaineering Club

The Harvard Mountaineering Club Cabin is open December 1 to April 1.

Cost is $15/person/night to stay inside, with max occupancy of 16. Campsites accommodating up to 20 people are available nearby for $10/person/night, and campers may NOT use cabin facilities.

In lieu of reservations, visitors are encouraged to sign up in the Pinkham Notch pack room and to see how many people have headed up already.

Giggy, I was there earlier this season, and I remember the same thing. There was a separate hiker sign-in book in the pack room.