Help requested for weather website

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill bowden

Reaction score
I've been asked to give a short talk on New Englan dweathe rfor a winter hiking school.

It's easy to find forecasts/ summit/valley and avalanche but I'd like a source for the why is NE weather so grim with high winds, what are trends, typical weathe rprogressions.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bill, try this site:

http://www.neci.sr.unh.edu/neccwaq.html

bill bowden said:
I've been asked to give a short talk on New Englan dweathe rfor a winter hiking school.

It's easy to find forecasts/ summit/valley and avalanche but I'd like a source for the why is NE weather so grim with high winds, what are trends, typical weathe rprogressions.

Thanks for any suggestions

I'll recommend New England Weather New England Climate by Gregory A Zielinski and Barry D. Keim. This book goes into detail about the reasons behind New England weather and climate, and includes chapters on the diversity of New England weather, the seasons of New England, weather events that influence the lives of New Englanders, and changes over time. It may be a little dry for some readers, but it's definately well-researched, and the authors know what they're writing about.
It's available from the Mt. Washington Observatory and probably other places as well.