Hiking The Tripyramids - 10/16/2012

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All through the night it had poured making us unsure if we would be able to hike the Tripyramids on Tuesday. According to the weather channel, the rain was to stop around 3 am. When we woke up at 5:30 it appeared the rain had indeed stopped, so we headed out for hearty breakfast at Peg's. The parking lot was deserted as we pulled in at 7:30 am. We started along the Livermore Trail for the walk to the Mount Tripyramind Trail.

It was advised that it would be better to go up the South Slide and avoid the NorthSlide , from the previous night’s rain, and return via the Scaur Ridge Trail.

Making great time, we reached the intersection with the South Slide Trail and began our ascent to the slide.

In short time the slide the views began.

More than once we turned around to take a look toward the mountains.

The South Slide wasn’t as difficult as we had thought it would be.

It took an hour to go up the slide and reach the South Peak summit.

We continued along the ridge now in the clouds. When we reach the North Tripyramid summit it began to snow and we didn’t sit too long as the temperature seemed to drop.

On the way down the Scaur Ridge Trail we had a glimpse of the North Slide thru the trees.

Back on the Livermore Trail we came across an unusual rock.

Nearing the end we took the side trail to Norway Rapids.

There were no views along the ridge, nonetheless, it was a great hike, 12+ miles, and we were happy to bag #41 and #42 on our list.

Here’s the link to the slideshow:http://jimmylegs.smugmug.com/Nature...01612/26138573_ZQknsW#!i=2172606661&k=B88HVwF

Thanks for taking a look!

Donna and Mike

Nice report. I tried that last winter but had a bad day & did not make it. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

Very nice trip reports and pics. Enjoyed the slide photos as I have never been on the Tripyramids.

Beautiful photos. I love the mushrooms. I almost did the slide on Saturday the 27th but when I had a chance to get my son back out on the trail again I decided to do something easier instead. We ended up going to Jackson. Hadn't been there since 1998 and the Webster Jackson Trail was new for me too. Haven't been to the Tri-Pyramids since 98' either. Way over due.

I really like the photo of the rock, looks like an orange with a slice out of it. Nice reporting and pictures!

Thanks everyone for taking a look and great responses. Even though we had limited views at the top, I am sure we'll be back again one day taking in another of the trails to the summit. Also, if you look closely at the rock, we could see a face. The slice taken out -- the eye, a small bulge -- the nose and the crack/indentation -- the mouth.

Donna:)

I really like the photo of the rock, looks like an orange with a slice out of it. Nice reporting and pictures!

I was thinking of one of those chocolate "oranges" that are pre-sliced and wrapped in foil. Cool rock. I love features like that. Another reason to hike that trail!