Hip Flexor Pain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiking lady

Reaction score
Anyone suffer from this?? I think I do and learned a bit about it and realize there are some exercises to do for it, but just curious if anyone hear has experienced the pain & if they found certain exercises/stretches work to relieve the pain associated with it. :(

Anyone suffer from this?? I think I do and learned a bit about it and realize there are some exercises to do for it, but just curious if anyone hear has experienced the pain & if they found certain exercises/stretches work to relieve the pain associated with it. :(

Yes. Typically (fortunately) has only been from overuse, after a hard snowshoe trek or steep hike where lots of steps up > a foot or so, especially with a heavy pack. Relative rest, like hiking on less steep trails with less weight, helps, as does stretching when you lean your upper body back and straighten your hip, pulling your butt in with your toe on the ground. Hard to describe in words but you can feel when it is right. It does take a week or two to feel normal after a mild injury. I also tried to figure out how to ice it but couldn't come up with a good way that was not also, um, uncomfortable.:eek:

I've had it. It reared its head last fall when I started to take up running - very sore at left iliac crest next morning, got progressively worse from run to run, until I quit running after about 5 outings.

Got to the doctor later, got X-rayed, turns out I have bone spurs right where the pain occurs. Not sure what caused them.

I've noticed mild soreness there the day after a big, tough hike, much as weatherman says. But for the most part, it has not affected my hiking, fingers crossed.

I encourage you to check in with a doctor about it if you haven't yet, hiking lady. Good luck!

I'm dealing with as we speak. After about an hour or so on the trail the pain subsides somewhat. The pain is still there, though I deal with it better.

Me too. X-ray show incipient arthritis in hip joint. Go figure.