How did you celebrate your 48th?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob said:
with a bunch of Budweisers at the Imp shelter...

Six of your closest friends :D . Other than you, I bet none of them made it out alive ;)

Anyone who thinks they're slow; I summited Mt Washington in 1967.
I haven't finished yet :eek:

mtnpa said:
Six of your closest friends :D . Other than you, I bet none of them made it out alive ;)

Anyone who thinks they're slow; I summited Mt Washington in 1967.
I haven't finished yet :eek:

hahaha - I think its all about what your into - and the time you have to do it. personally, I am more into redlining something like the great gulf and hiking those peaks multiple times - thick bushwacking isn't for me :eek: . If we had peaks like out west, I think I would be more into the list - but we only have a few that get above treeline, so it is what it is... all what your into -

Mtnpa - if you really wanted, you could bang that list out in miminal time, but you choose more fun things ;)

Last edited:
Actually I finished the both NH & NE 4ks list on Galehead.

As with most of my summits I was solo, I didn't make much of a big deal, I spent a long tie sitting on the summit reflecting.

When I got home I immediately called my mother, stuck down in FLA and told her. She was the the one that got me into hiking.

Isolation was my 48th. Hiked it w/ my husband, my all-time favorite hiking partner. At the summit, we tried to make a video w/ my camera w/ me using sign language to describe what I was feeling (we both teach at a deaf school). Alas, my camera's batteries died. . .so I had to write the *$)#(@& essay later when I got home!

I remember we went to some pizza place in Gorham and ate a lot of food.

What is it about Mt. Isolation??? End of August I will hike it once again, w/ a friend for his 48th. And I am wickedly excited.

dottie

I finished on Owl's Head with Charlie, good friends and a small bottle of champagne (I saved the cork).

I will always remember that day for finishing, but also for crossing rivers after dark and being terrified! It was a thrill and an adventure.