How do I find this trial to the Kinsmans??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klutz

Reaction score
I'd like to know if anyone has a better idea of where to hook onto the Basin-Cascades Trail from the Basin parking lot????

The Basin Cascades Trail intersects the Pemi Trail on the west side of the river. I haven't taken that route for three years, but I don't recall it being difficult to find after I got over to the over side of the river.

Edit: Just follow the tourist path from the parking lot across the river.

Just follow the tourist path uphill with Cascades Brook on your left. It’s so wide you cannot miss it. I don’t remember seeing a sign but I’m not sure if you really need one.

JohnL

The sign is so large, it may as well be a billboard. You can't miss it.

JohnL said:
Just follow the tourist path uphill with Cascades Brook on your left. It’s so wide you cannot miss it. I don’t remember seeing a sign but I’m not sure if you really need one.

JohnL

Let me get this straight, since we obviously need help :confused: . When you talk about the tourist path, this is the paved path??? How about this, start with us in the parking lot on the southbound side of 93, at the Basin. When you say to go uphill, this is heading north???? About how far from the parking lot should we go. The map showed the trail starting before we go past the access on ramp. Normally, we'd do better than this, but we spent an hour and 15 minutes looking around and never finding it.