How to prevent fogged glasses when wearing face mask?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oncoman

Reaction score
Last Sat. (Jan. 20th) was on summit of South Twin. Quite cold & windy. Had to put my full facial mask on; but then could not do more than 10 steps before my glasses became so fogged up that further walking was impossible. Thus had to remove my glove every 10 steps to unfog my glasses & thus stay on course. Very slow progress & cold hands.

Does anybody have suggestions for us visually impaired glass-wearers as to avoid becoming blinded by the fog. The white-out trail conditions are already more than enough to deal with. Thought of wearing my bushwhack plastic safety goggles on top of my glasses but am septical of their efficacy.

Opinions please. Thanks!

Pierre

Pierre, you may want to consider wearing contact lenses for the very cold days. I had the same problem as you and could never find goggles that were completely fog proof. The only problem I encountered with the contacts was that my eyes would be uncomfortable if the window defroster was on in the car.

there was just a forum topic on this a couple weeks ago. see:

Gear above treeline, under general backcountry.

Contacts. In really bad weather, I've never found anything that will completely keep your glasses from fogging.