Human powered trip

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poutine

I picked up the student newspaper, and at the beginning of a review of all the poutine places around campus, it had this:

"If gluttony is a sin, poutine is a first class ticket to hell. It is made from three of the unhealthiest foods known to humankind: french fries, gravy, and cheese. It's a hideous plate aestheticallty, and has the dubious distinction of beint the meal that most resembles compost in both look and smell."

However it is very consumable after a long tough hike.

Pete_Hickey said:
However it is very consumable after a long tough hike.

If you really like it, I will make one for you one day. The ones I do at home are just the best poutine ever.

I bet together we could manage making french fries on a campfire...

Pete_Hickey said:
Or over a Whisperlite.

I've made tortilla chips over an MSR.. Deep frying fresh tortilla pieces. French fries should be a snap. Should we haul in a cow so that we can milk it and make really fresh cheese curds?

Yes, and we can also use the cow meat to make a good home made broth for the gravy. And fresh vegetables. Poutine is not that unhealthy after all. Just good ingredients soaked in oil.

Sorry, your TR have been hijacked by a greasy spoon story.

cantdog said:
Poutine is French fries with gravy on them. Perhaps Timmus, Yvon, Oncoman, Meo, Pin Pin Junior, Jean et Natalie could elaborate on the description.
;)
I am sorry but I know what it is, but I never ate a Poutine in my life.