I love my...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my trekking poles. They have kept my knees from protesting the longer hikes. And of course a close second is my favorite web community VFTT. My choice in avatars clearly shows my love. Can you feel it!?

I love my GVP Gear G-4 pack. It's 4600 ci, weighs 1 lb, rides like a dream with about 25 lbs of gear and cost me about 50 bucks. Plus it's a lovely forest green color that makes me blend in with the cripplebrush if I fall off the side of a gnarly trail, saving me the embarrasment of being found in such a state...

Pete_Hickey said:
I'm an unfaithful lover. I'll go with what is good at the time, and I won't feel guilty about it. For example, when I'm cold and hungry, I'll love my stove.. until it's finished cooking, then my affection will switch to the bowl of food (Is food itself a kind of gear?).. Then when I'm cold and tired, I love my sleeping bag... And a few weeks ago.. Oh what I wouldn't have done for a short sweet affair with an ice ax.

No, I'm an unfaithful lover.

I'm a faithful lover. I'll go with what has been good for 20 years, and won't be swayed. For example, when I'm cold and hungry, I'll love my Svea 123 stove. When it's finished cooking and I'm holding a warm bowl of food, I'll continue to admire the stove that cooked it. When I'm cold and tired and nestled in my sleeping bag, I'll give one last glance of gratitude to my trusty Svea. And when the trails are icy and the ledges slippery, I'll be grateful for my crampons and ice axe that will keep me from slipping and possibly denting my beloved brass stove.

... or my head for that matter.

Here's to hoping that bo-bos heal fast.

I went thru all my gear and I can' find anything that beats Chantal's answer...:p

I love my Bootfitter, she got me back on the trail when I thought I was washed up.
And yes, Dave M. I love my Svea stove too as well as my Optimus, but neither of them is as pretty as my bootfitter.
Tom

Svea??!!??

My Svea had got to be the dumbest stove ever. I don't know how many times I've been unfaithful to it, yet it keeps coming back and being faithfull to me.

I mean, doesn't that thing ever read 'Dear Abbey'?

I do whatever I want, whenever I want, and that stove won't dump me. Gotta be a dumb stove.

-Pete.. the unfaithful lover.

EVERYTHING

I love my Mountainsmith ghost pack and Dana Design Terraplane, and my WM Apache bag, and my Leki Makula treking poles and pretty much everything else I carry because it lets me stay out in the woods comfortably, as long as I want or more precisely, as long as work and my wife will allow.
Al