I met up with the DEVIL....and it wasen't in Georgia!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viewseeker

Reaction score
Saturday 4/30 me and jim46r drove to the Cats to hike with the hudson-Valley meet-up group. We met our host Julie Moran and car spotted and off to the start. We started and forgive me i cant remember but its a newer trail that passes some houses, i hear its less steep and heads to Plateau. Soon after starting we would hike with a couple(JoeAnne and Martin) all day till the end and Found the trail to be much different than ADKs one. Its more hardwoods then shale then boulders than shale then some adks mudd paths. Trails for the whole day where very dry with all the rains so footing was good. The sun was out all day which was a treat with like i said all the rains we have had. Up and down and up and down and up..well you get the picture.. Even ran into some snow spine left between Plateau and sugerloaf along with some Ice. All the climbing and desending sure made my knees week and shaky at times. Ran into Doodles on way to Sugerloaf and then Bill and Judy by Sugerloaf. Was nice to be out since my issues that ended winter hiking 2 weeks short. All in all a great day ending at the parking area where the Bridge crosses, again, i cant remeber without a map yet.. But from what i was told 14 miles and we finish in around 9 hours... I will give respect to that trail for sure, Plateau, Sugerloaf ,Twin, and Indian Head, it made some sore muscles for the next day of turkey hunting at 5am...Thanks jim for a nice day in the woods..

CAT PICS