I need to get out.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averagejoe

Reaction score
Hey All,

This is somewhat a call for help from this hiking community.

My name is Joe, I live in Topsfield Ma, and I don't own a car. I live on Rt 1 at Rt 97 a few miles off Rt 95. I need to find partners who are willing to pick my sorry butt up on their way up north. I am new (in the last three years) to hiking. I work for REI in Reading and have a feeling I may know some of you, without knowing it. I generally have two days a week off, (might be mid-week, might be a weekend day). I try to reserve one for me and one to spend with my fiance.

Fall and Winter are my favorite times to go hiking so this is my time of year. I have a fair amount of winter hiking expirience and gear for day hikes, (I don't have a winter sleeping bag). I am tired of friends who see weather on the horizon and bail because they don't want to suffer.

I am open to hiking most anything, (though I like early starts & long days) with guys or gals, young or old. I'm not officially working on any lists.

I ski, climb rock (and recently ice) as well and am open to finding partners for that too, though I am particular about who holds the other end of the rope.

Living car free can be a b@#$% when the outdoors is one of your passions so I hope some of you have been in my shoes and will take pitty. I have extra self pitty if anyone needs a little...

Thanks for reading,
Joseph.