In Frostbite Conditions, Keep Yourself Covered -- Word to the Wise

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the idea of a one piece "union suit" for a base layer. The one shown earlier looks like it would be way too hot for winter hiking. I also laughed at the thought of me trying to get in through the neck hole as it doesn't have a zipper:). Someone out there must make a "techwick" type of base layer in a one piece with a neck zipper and a below the waist zipper for other needs. I have an old duofold union suit that would work but it is a bit too warm, and has buttons all the way down the front which make the sternum strap very uncomfortable (hence the need for a zipper). Anybody out there know of one?

Update: Two months later, the area has healed, but it looks like I have a large and permanent swath of reddish brown discoloration over the affected area.

Damn, there goes my bikini modeling career.

In all seriousness, be extremely careful of exposure now. That spot's going to need a lot of TLC. Dose it up with extra sunscreen in the summer, and in the winter it's going to be much more susceptible to the cold and will injure very quickly before you know it.