Iroquois to Marshall

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavis

Reaction score
Although I've been to both of these moutains many times I've never gone down to the pass from Iroquois or up from there to Marshall. I did go to Sheperds tooth once and I've been through the pass on the trail but I don't remember seeing any herd paths that go up to Iroquois. I did see the herd path to Marshall from the pass but thats about it.

I was thinking of doing this hike with my son and was wondering if anybody has any advice on getting down from Sheperds tooth to the Pass.

Thanks
Mike

I did this hike a few years ago and remember a pretty clear herd path from the Tooth to the top of a 20-30' cliff which was close to the trail leading through the pass. We headed left(East ?) and found a decent way down the cliff. There may have been a better way and we may have gotten off the herd path at that point but once down the cliff the trail is pretty close. We ended up coming out almost opposite the herd path up Marshall.

Thanks!!

I remember a steep section on the Iroquois side when I was hiking through the pass trail. That must be where the cliff is.
That helps alot thanks!! Its good knowing the Marshall herd path is opposite the Iroquois one.