Isolation

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDawg

Reaction score
Approximatly how many tents (2 person) could you fit at the sites near the Davis Path/Isolation junction? I've tried a search for this and turned up a few threads but none really answered my question. Please direct me to the thread if this has been answered before (I'm sure it has).

Also how far down the E Isolation Tr. to the first sure water? If it's the last crossing of the Rocky Branch it looks to be under a mile which isn't so bad. Anything closer, along that branch of the RB?

I'm gonna be backpacking up there in October sometime to finish the 48 with a group and would like to just get an idea at what we're looking at. I'll be with a bunch of older men, and being a young "strapping" 24 year old will likely volunteer to carry the extra filtered water up from this point to the sites.

If you want to keep the campsite info "hush hush" for any reason a PM would do nicely.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There are some bootleg tent sites around where the old Isolation shelter used to be (north of Isolation on Davis Path). Water is available from the low point on the Davis Path between Isolation and Rocky Branch.

To answer your question - lots of tents. There's many flattened out spots east of the Davis Path. And, there are probably 2 or 3, maybe more, just north of the intersection (headed for Glen Boulder). THere's an occasional spring in that area, too. I've often seen evidence of camping, but have never actually seen a tent in either place.

As for reliable water - east on the Isolation trail, probably a mile or less, from the trail jct you referenced.