Jay H, Winter 35er

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. We were waving at you from Bearpen, but I guess you didn't see us. Time to put the flippers away?

Nice pics, Chip. That Norway Spruce stand w/ the boardwalks is a favorite of many Catskill hikers. You also captured the trail sign w/ the mispelling of Acra Point as "Acre Point." Best of all, Jay hiking w/ an umbrella. Some real classics there! Glad you enjoyed your first Catskills trek.

Matt

Congatulations, Jay!

Sorry I wasn't there! Sounds like you had a great time, looking forward to this coming weekend. :)

Thanks all!

I was so psyched for Sunday, forgot about the umbrella! I think I shall try that some more come spring on trails that I know are wide and open. You can really ventilate a lot better with an umbrella without having to use a rain jacket. I felt really good and as long as there wasn't any scrambles or dense woods, it didn't really hinder that much. I wouldn't use some fancy umbrella though.

Chip, I'm mailing out your antibot today, along with my Winter tally sheet to David White...

Jay

Congratulations Jay! Nice report Matt, and nice pics Chip. I see you are giving up on W666 - there is some chance it might not even ring up this year.

Umbrellas do come in handy. I have been known to carry a cheap fold-up when I've got the big camera and tripod along. It is to keep the camera dry, :rolleyes: or at least that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Congrats Jay!...Couldn't be there for 2 reasons...went to the wild weather winter gathering and ....I'm saving that peak for a family finish in the future..hope to hang out one day again...

congrats!.... been following your posts here and on nynjtc for a while, well done...peace.