John Robb Leanto (Catskills)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trail maintainer

Hey Jay or woodstrider, I notified the NY/NJ Trail Conf last year and volunteered to maintain a trail or leanto. I was contacted by Elie Bijou. I replied and he said he would get back to me. Never did. I assumed that maybe they had all of the assistance they needed and I was on a list, if needed. Do you think that may not be the case? Any suggestions as to who to contact? Thanks

Hi Keb... Elie is on VfTT, he is "Moose McKenzie" although I hope I spellied it right. Anyway, he, I believe is the supervisor for leanto maintainers...

After I joined the Catskills 3500 list and the dinner in Kingston, they circulated a list of open trails that didn't have maintainers so I picked the CO trail when it was open.

Pete Senterman is the coordinator for the Catskills Trail maintainers. I would contact him to see what trails are open and/or why you haven't been contacted... I think there are enough trails/leantos in the catskills that they almost always need maintainers.. I have his email/phone at home which I can email to you when I get it.

Jay