Just venting allittle

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
As I said, I am just venting so don't pay much mind to what I am saying. I was doing a small hike yesterday in the catskills (burnt knob/arcadia point). When I reachedtrail head at 10 am parking lot was full.It was full becouse 4 cars had taken the whole lot. They were at least 5 feet apart. One car was pulled in crooked, 5 feet separated the rear bumpers and seven feet separated the front bumbers. I guess these people got their parking spot and the hell with everyone else. What ever happed to common courtesy. there were snow banks and the rest of us had to find a plce to park without getting stuck. :( I feel much better now ;)

Sorry you had a problem with the spots.. Perhaps it is because the catskill hikers aren't used to full lots like in the ADKs. Actually, assuming you parked at the end of Big Hollow Road, that lot is notoriously packed in the winter since Blackhead is a winter peak and that is the obvious spot to park for dayhikers.

Jay

Some people lack total common sense, and when they park that way, they don't even realize that they have blocked two (or sometimes three) spots. But then, unfortunatly, you have those people who, as You said, really don't care about the rest of Us!!

I think you can park at the school bus turn-around which is a little before that lot. That's where I end up parking last winter as the road wasn't plowed past that point.

Jay is right - parking usually isn't a problem (except maybe at Overlook mountain).

I hiked up Blackhead from the other side (Dutcher Notch) - and I was the only car parked at the end of Storks Nest Road.

Thanks for venting. It is a frustration I face often. But I look at it this way...these people don't know how to drive, so how should they know how to park! :rolleyes:

Vent!

carole said:
Thanks for venting. It is a frustration I face often. But I look at it this way...these people don't know how to drive, so how should they know how to park! :rolleyes:

Their parking is inconsiderate - their driving could be fatal!

I try to park at the very edge of parking areas to leave space for others! I do try to leave myself an out to the road though, in case the later arrivers are less considerate!

Fred