Kahtoola Micro Spikes - Customer Service Review

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thumbs up--good job

It shows what an advantage it is actually having a true customer rep service and not just some guy working out of his living room in Pakistan who doesn't really know the product and has very little power or incentive to do anything except to give a few bland answers.

A company like Kahtoola builds confidence and deserves to be supported.

As for me, I've knocked the daylights out of my Microspikes, I've worn down the tips, but haven't been able to break them. Thumbs up--good job.:)

Last edited:
I see I was the last one to post here. Now a month an a half later I just had one of the straps around the heel break.

Does anyone know for what period they guarantee the product? After the three years of good service they've given me I feel embarrassed even asking but I am curious to know the answer. :)

Last edited:
I believe it's one year. But my impression was that if it failed, not thru abuse, they'd probably replace it for you. Other friends have had them replace theirs outside of the one year period.

I recently lost a 'spike through an incompetent effort to strap it to the side of my pack. I felt like a moron when I realized that I only had one spike (having never even put them on my feet on a trip that turned out to have very deep snow).

I had been worried I'd have to buy a whole new set, but the company sent me a used 'spike for free! I didn't even pay shipping.

Last week was a bad week for me with my spikes. First, on Monday I put on my older pair of Kahtoolas and the strap broke on the back.

Not to worry, I still had the newer pair of Hillsounds. Then Saturday while hiking the chain strap pulled through the rubber loop of one of the Hillsounds. I stopped by Ragged Mountain on the way home and they were really good about it. They told me they would handle it with Hillsounds.

Right now, while waiting, I just have a receipt in my pocket. I can't hike with that so I guess I'll have to dig deep and see if I can find that old pair of Stableicers. :)