Kearsage North Rescue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it puts others (rescuers) at risk, then it could be reckless.

Doesn't every rescue but rescuers at risk? Not criticizing, just noting that the law on recklessness generally isn't well-defined, though I've never looked at NH case law specifically.

It's a lot easier to help someone down a trail who twisted their ankle, in pleasant weather, than find someone who is off trail in a blizzard.

It's a lot easier to help someone down a trail who twisted their ankle, in pleasant weather, than find someone who is off trail in a blizzard.

Not sure how we got off the the tangent of negligence and rescue costs. This poor guy just seemed to make a misstep and trip on some stairs. I do that all the time (even when not wearing micro spikes!). :)

After reading a few articles about the ridiculously high cost of med flight helicopter rides that many insurances will not cover, I was thinking what a wonderful service the National Guard (I.E. Federal Govt) provides to trampers in distress.

THANK YOU Blackhawk crews!!

NG Blackhawk S&R may be coming to Berlin. So flight times to the Whites will be dramatically reduced.

That project appears to be stalled. Neighbors in Milan around the airport objected. The National Guard would need funding to build a hangar and other infrastructure. They were also planning to use the former Berlin Armory for support services and no doubt that building would need upgrading.

NG Blackhawk S&R may be coming to Berlin. So flight times to the Whites will be dramatically reduced.

As I recall they are about only 20 minutes from Franconia Ridge at their Concord base. So under 30 to most of the Whites I guess.

Better than coming up from Cape Cod!