Ladders on Osceo trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was contacted by someone off the boards who is the volunteer maintainer for the Osceo trail. He was told that there are some maintenance issues with one of the ladders/staircases on the trail. If anyone has hiked it recently and can comment, please post here.

-dave-

I was on the that trail for the first time in late December. The ladders were snow covered, so it was hard to tell of their condition. The group I was a part of had no trouble with them then.
I'd be interested in knowing what the spring melt shows. I thought it was a fabulous trail.

dave,
I did that trail as a training run many times before snowfall and cant remember any issues with the ladders at all. I was thinking of doing that route this coming weekend, I will climb it on saturday and if no one has reported anything by then, Ill give all the ladders a good once over and post back promptly after my hike sat night.

More on the ladders

Have not been there recently, but went through them last September on the way to Flume for FOT48. Many in our fairly large crew only complained that there were TOO MANY STEPS!! And coming down in the storm was no picnic. I also liked the trail and would be interested in the feedback about their condition.
-TrekMan

Osseo ladders

I went up and down this past Saturday. Unfortunately, they are almost completely covered in snow and ice. However, this gives me a great excuse to hike this wonderful trail again in a couple of weeks.