Lake Umbagog camping in September

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adkayaker

Reaction score
I'd like to do a kayak camping/moose photo trip in mid-Sept. If i end up going solo, I'd prefer to put in along one of the two river accesses to get a camping spot on the lake without a major paddle across open water. Assuming a site must still be reserved then, is it safe to leave a car overnight along the Magalloway or Androscoggin launches?

Safest bet would be to park at Errol Dam and go up the Andro to Umbagog. Check with Northern Waters in Errol for the latest on parking at the Dam. It was closed awhile ago,due to high water and dangerous conditions near the dam,but I believe ity was only temporary.

I've left a car at the Errol Dam site an many occasions with no issues. If the Dam site is closed (due to the booms being pulled across river (unlikely), you also have another primitive launch a few miles up on the other side of the river. Campsites on Lake Umbagog are fist come, first served after October 8. Reservations can be made at 603-271-3628. You want a remote site (not campground site). Remote Site Map

(greetings from the Gaspe)
Lots of nice stuff up there in Umbagog. Your bound to enjoy it.
Watch for thunder storms depending on the season.
Bon chance
spdr