Light trail clearing in WMNF

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

procook131

Reaction score
After seeing some discussion on the flagsonthe48 site, I was contemplating bringing a small folding saw on Sunday while leading a hike up Cabot. From signatures, I see that many people are trail maintainers in the Whites; I myself am a trail maintainer for one of the ADK46 herdpaths. Not knowing the regulations in NH as well as NY's, what is the stance on this? I am not talking about rogue cutting of a new trail or making it a pristine "sidewalk" if you will, just helping out after the storm.

Thoughts?

Some very good points were brought up in that thread, and the one that stuck out to me the most was if someone did it to "my trail". Thanks for the link. So far I think the saw will still be along for the trip...

Some very good points were brought up in that thread, and the one that stuck out to me the most was if someone did it to "my trail". Thanks for the link. So far I think the saw will still be along for the trip...

For the record, if anyone ever wants to cut small blowdowns they find while hiking Edmands Path or N Twin Trail, BE MY GUEST!!! :D

For the record, if anyone ever wants to cut small blowdowns they find while hiking Edmands Path or N Twin Trail, BE MY GUEST!!! :D

Im on the Edmands here and there as Im focusing on the Presi's lately, I got your back. I'll check all the water bars and clear what I can without tools, although my knife is pretty BIG.:D

Thanks, Sierra -- I cleared them all the week before Irene (and there's ALOT of them!!) but I'm told the trail was blasted and there's some pretty bad erosion that's beyond an adopters general responsibilities :-(

Last edited:
I wouldnt doubt it, if the erosion is that bad it might need a trailcrew and the right tools, if I get to the trail Ill pm you a conditions report.