Long Pathl Feedback from Northern Catskills to John Boyd Thacer State Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuco

Reaction score
Long Path Feedback from Northern Catskills to John Boyd Thacer State Park

I am looking for any feedback on the sections of the Long Path from Northern Catskills to John Boyd Thacer State Park (Sections 25-34). I'll be doing an out and back trail run up to 10 miles each way so if any info on any section is appreciated (elevation, footing, trail marking , etc).

Thanks

Eric

Last edited:
On state/public land, the trail is pretty well marked with paint blazes. It may not be well traveled, though- and some sections can be a little bit over grown. On private land/near developed areas, the quality of the marking varies considerably.

Vroman's Nose is definitely a worth while destination- great views of the Schoharie Valley. If you include it as part of your 10 miles, you won't regret it.

Hey- thanks for the reply- funny- I was just looking at the section with Vromans Nose in it before coming here to check for response. I will likely start in Middleburgh and head towards West Fulton over Vromans Nose for the run. There are pretty detailed instructions on the Long Path website; but if all fails with following it I'll just turn back. Thanks for the info.