Long Range Traverse - Gros Morne

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillwalker

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Three of us old hikers are headed for Newfoundland and Labrador for two weeks in July. We are planning to hike the Long Range traverse during our stay. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has hiked the LRT.

We are members of ALDHA working on "cherrypicking" sections of the International Appalachian Trail.

Three of us old hikers are headed for Newfoundland and Labrador for two weeks in July. We are planning to hike the Long Range traverse during our stay. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has hiked the LRT.

We are members of ALDHA working on "cherrypicking" sections of the International Appalachian Trail.

I don't have any input, sorry. But, I am curious how you intend to get to Labrador. One of my dream trips is to go to the Torngat Mountains up in Labrador.

There is a ferry that takes you from Newfoundland to Labrador (proper). Newfoundland is sometimes considered a part of Labrador. Papa Bear, a memeber hear, has a great site on the Torgats (but I can't seem to bring it up right now). Getting to the Torngats I believe is best handled by air. There are ships that get there, but they are 36-hour trips and I don't think they are necessarily catering to passengers.

As for the original question on the Long Range Trail, when we went, we did not go so I don't have first hand knowledge. Newfoundland itself was spectacular. Friendliest people I have ever come across (and terrible food....).