looking for partner to climb 46 adirondack peaks this winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We hike 11 peaks last weekend... "

Amazing. I'm afraid that this tortoise can't keep up with the rabbit.

Count me in. I need Cliff, Redfield and Marshall to finish my regular 46. I was planning to climb then this winter. So please include me in any plans.

I am very interested in winter hiking...I've done 29 of the HP's in summer but none in winter. Please add me to the "list" Diana

I'm planning on doing a couple peaks (Colvin & Blake) from the Lake Road (AuSable Club) on Thur., Dec. 23, to kick off the winter season. I'll post that trip as the date gets closer. -ALGonquin Bob

Brad, I'll post my plans for my first winter hike on this thread, so everybody automaticaly gets notified. Let it snow! (well, maybe not just yet).

alistair said:
Count me in. I need Cliff, Redfield and Marshall to finish my regular 46. I was planning to climb then this winter. So please include me in any plans.

Be sure to climb Marshall during summer/fall sometime too, it's beautiful with the moss cover and small waterfalls all along Herbert brook on your way up.

AIG, I've always wanted to ski the road, across the lakes to the carry trail, then up the col between the two. I've heard it's the best route in winter.
Any thoughts? ;)

I would also be willing to do some of the 46 this winter. I have about 4 weeks off from college so anytime would be good for me. I have allen and bigslide left for my regular 46 so those are my priorities but I would be up for any of the them. I have climbed 4 peaks in the winter so far so I do have some experience. I will check back here for more info.

another first of the winter season trip announcement

I plan to finish my winter 46, new years eve, on cascade but first I have to enjoy seward. so I'll soon be announcing a hike for seward, via calkins brook, on Dec. 21, 22, or 23. any hardy winter hikers looking for an early attack on the seward range will certainly be welcome. any new winter hikers looking for a nice way to close out 2004 and welcome 2005 are welcome to join me and my family on cascade.

Sewards via Calkin's Brk - 12/21,22 or 23

Pvon, tenatively I am planning to climb Seward, Donaldson and Emmons on Dec. 21, 22 or 23rd. The date will depend on the weather.

If we have a nice size group, it might be cool to split and have half go to Seward while the other half goes toward Emmons,from Donaldson.

Anyone else interested?

early attack of the sewards

Inge, by the time its all said and done I'm willing to bet there could be quite the group(s) for early attacks of the Sewards. Joining forces up Calkins Brook and then splitting on Donaldson in both directions is a smart thing to do.

Looking ahead right now and thinking about what the conditions will bring us then, is a lot of fun. I'm flexible for any day. I know adventureman Michael M would like to join in if he can pre-plan his trip up from the big apple.

Now that the 4,000 foot elevations are begining to see snow, my hiking season is starting. I'll stay tuned and posted to the trips & events threads.

Hi there

All my usual winter hiking pals finished their lists last year. I need Seward and Seymour and I am going to make another attempt at swearing off long winter solo hiking trips. So I would be happy to do my part in plowing up these two mountains in early winter. I also need about 20 other of the 46 for my winter list. I am saving up vacation time, so if anyone is looking for warm bodies to break trail I will definitely be available.