M-M trail question

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gram

Reaction score
We will be in Holyoke MA this weekend and would like to hike in Mt Tom Reservation. I have AMC MA Guide and map, but it does not say if there is parking where the M-M crosses Rte 141.

Also, does anyone know how far south on Rte 141 the trail is from the intersection of Christopher Clark Rd and Rte 141?

Obviously, we've never been to Mt Tom before!!

Thanks in advance.

We will be in Holyoke MA this weekend and would like to hike in Mt Tom Reservation. I have AMC MA Guide and map, but it does not say if there is parking where the M-M crosses Rte 141.

Also, does anyone know how far south on Rte 141 the trail is from the intersection of Christopher Clark Rd and Rte 141?

Obviously, we've never been to Mt Tom before!!

Thanks in advance.
The M-M trail parking area is on the East side of 141 and is small and is directly across the street from a Veterinary Clinic or something. People usually don't park there. Further North along the road (1/4 mile, maybe) on the West Side there are two pulloffs. If you park there you can cross 141 and take the "old" M-M trail which basically follows the powerline cut. If you basically head uphill you will intersect the M-M trail soon enough. still further (1/8 mile) north on 141 is the Cristopher Clark Rd (across from the Log Cabin) and you can park outside the gate or go inside the gate (but they close it at 4pm). From there, you can navigate around the little lake there and pretty easily pick up the powerline cut trail (old M-M) and then hook up with the M-M to the summit. It's very easy to find any of the parking areas and actually, most people park at the cutoffs or the Cristopher Clark Road and hike in from there so just follow them -- it's crowded on the weekends.

-Mr. Kill

I have AMC MA Guide and map, but it does not say if there is parking where the M-M crosses Rte 141.
I don't have it in front of me, but I don't think the AMC map shows the current parking area.

Here's a map.

-Mr. Kill

I've been half a dozen times, there is two or three pull outs along the side of the road. If you crest the hill on Route 141, you've gone to far.

141 is pretty busy, so care with children & dogs is required. (crossing 302 is easier in NH)